For Designers, I recommended to start watching from 5:35
DO YOU KNOW?
- files used in themes override the styling of the default design of the template and the core plugin.
- if a class is styled twice within a CSS file, the later values will be used.
- you can create unlimited layouts with unlimited block configurations
- you can create unlimited profiles with unlimited template settings configurations
- you can create unlimited style classes for your XHTML, JAXHTML and JAROUNDED modules, just like the example in the Video 2
- you can use your own text color, background-color, border-color, logo, images and graphics to add an unique design to the template
- don’t duplicate styling in your theme if the core plugin already use it
- use an order of the styling according to the elements’ order
- keep the styling simple and optimized so you can improve&update it in time
- it is your custom theme now, so use your own comments for your styling & coding customizations
- avoid altering core files, use whatever file, code or image within your own theme, this makes easy updating the template core files.