If you see a blank page opening your Store in browser, it indicates that there is a PHP syntax error somewhere in the code of your site.
This usually happens when you modified files, templates or extensions manually, or installed a theme or extension with PHP syntax errors.
Before starting investigation please try to Disable Magento Compiler and Clear cached Magento data , in the most cases it should solve the issue.
To see the actual error message you need to login via FTP to your Store and use the following instructions:
- Download the index.php file to your computer Note: for troubleshooting Magento Connect Manager changes should be done to downloader/index.php file
- Edit the downloaded index.php file and uncomment (by removing leading hash character) the following code: ini_set(‘display_errors’, 1); or insert this line somewhere at the top of the file. Note: for troubleshooting Magento Connect Manager changes should be done to downloader/index.php file
- Upload the modified index.php file back (you can also rename original index.php to index.php.orig to be able to revert the changes)
- Refresh Magento Store page in your browser, you should see the PHP error message now
- Look for the solution by narrowing down search results with your error message
Please do not forget to change ‘display_errors’ setting back when the issue is solved.